AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Layout & Anchoring Tools

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jtm2020hyo
465 Views, 6 Replies

Parametric Layout & Anchoring Tools

trying to find 3D cars I found something called, "Parametric Layout & Anchoring Tools" but no idea how to use it, anyone could explain us?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jtm2020hyo

The Layout Curve, Layout Grid 2D and Layout Grid 3D tools allow you to create parametric layout objects.  The anchor tools allow you to anchor AEC objects to the layout objects.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jtm2020hyo
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I was trying to test and until i found that just work with insert points maybe I did something bad.

is there to anchor walls to 3D grid and manage height, width and length?
Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

A Volume Anchor can anchor a Wall to a Layout Grid 3D.  That will put the Wall in the center of one of the 3D Cells (not along the grid lines) and the length and height of the Wall will be controlled by the 3D Cell sizes (but not the width of the Wall).  The Wall will start out parallel to the X-axis of the Layout Grid 3D, but a 90-degree Z rotation can be applied to get the Wall to run the other way.

Not sure how useful that is for a real building, but you could play around with it.

2021-02-21_ACA2021_LayoutGrid3D_Walls.png

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jtm2020hyo

is it possible to work just with edges? I mean Wall Edges anchored to 3D Grids vertex.

using the "Volume Anchor" tool lets me manage the length and height but just in their centers:

mpwfjE4

I found that is possible to use the column grid + Wall + Parametric constrain:

... and I am trying to use 3D Grid similar to this, but Parametric Constrain do nothing with 3D Grids, is there any method to do exactly this with 3D grids?

... and is there any method using Property Set Definition formulas? I mean something like:

(ID 01 - Wall - Height) = (ID 02 - wall - length)/2

...then return value to Properties:

bAfO4Yh

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

You have already taken this farther than I ever have.  The parametric tools have limited application to AEC objects.  That said, if you have managed to use a column grid to get an anchored Wall (Cell Anchor?) tied to a grid line and its ends tied to perpendicular grid lines, and you want the Wall height to be one-half of the Wall length, that might be doable in a formula property.  You will not be able to enter a formula into the Properties palette, so far as I know.  (I am happy to be proved wrong on that point.)

I do not have time to work out a formula property that would drive a Wall's height by its length right now, but I will try to make some time later, unless someone else jumps in with a better solution.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jtm2020hyo

If possible could share any sample yo manage Object Properties Values since a Property Set Data Formula?

Or maybe share any post related.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report