AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
326 Views, 2 Replies

Editing Walls

I have been trying to edit a wall using sweep but, I just seem not to get it. Attached are two images, walls and 3d solids. 3d solids in what I want to achieve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Wall Sweeps in AutoCAD Architecture will not do what you show.  They can add a non-rectangular profile to a horizontal component (such as a chair rail), but they will not be able to create an non-vertical Wall End.  To achieve that end result, you can use a Subtractive Interference.  

1. Create a Mass Element of the desired shape to do the subtracting.
  2. Position the Mass Element so that it overlaps the part of the Wall to be removed.  It can project beyond the Wall extents. Select the Wall, and, on the Wall Contextual ribbon tab, on the Modify panel, select the Interference flyout and choose the Add tool.  At the Select AEC objects to add prompt, select the Mass Element and then press the ENTER key.  Choose the Subtractive shrinkwrap plan effect.
  3. Freeze the layer on which the Mass Element is placed.  (You cannot delete the Mass Element, or the interference will be deleted, as well.  If you want to move the Wall in the future, thaw the Mass Element layer and move both the Wall and the Mass Element together, assuming that you want to maintain the interference relationship.)2017-05-04_ACA2016_Wall_SubtractiveInterference.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that @David_W_Koch provided a great suggestion to help you achieve the kind of wall adjustment you're looking for. Did this help you with your walls, or do you more guidance?

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report