AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drape Command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kayzue2010A3PFB
964 Views, 3 Replies

Drape Command

2022 03 10 SP Capture.PNG

Drape command is not working for me. I follow command line, my layer is not frozen or off, I have mountainous Colorado terrain from EL 7912' to EL 8314', an irregular Site Plan in plan-view shaped at approx. 310' in X-direction x 450' in Y-direction. Please, what could be happening to allow this not to work?

Command: DRAPE

Select objects representing contours: Specify opposite corner: 61 found

Select objects representing contours:

Erase selected contours [Yes/No] <No>: N

Generate regular mesh [Yes/No] <Yes>: Y

Select rectangular mesh corner:
Select opposite mesh corner: _non
Mesh subdivision along X direction <30>: 75

Mesh subdivision along Y direction <75>: 100

Enter base thickness <75.00000000>: 10

The specified rectangular area extends beyond the selected contours.
The topography has been extrapolated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kayzue2010A3PFB

Quick refresher perhaps to confirm what DRAPE can and cannot do in ACADARCH while you wait https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Message 3 of 4
kayzue2010A3PFB
in reply to: pendean

Hello, and thank you for the response.  This process should not be this 'blinkin' difficult.  I followed the directions in the link you presented, and I moved through all the questions, but to no avail.  I still do not have a drape or mesh over my site plan.  Maybe I have chosen the incorrect size of the mesh in both the X- and the Y-directions somehow for the rise in elevation the site plan covers?  I choose a small number for each....the drape does not appear.  I choose a small number for 'X' and a larger number for 'Y'....the drape does not appear.  What the 'hail'?  I have used this command before years ago, and the drape all came together fine.  Of course that was on a different computer, with an IT Guy nearby. A copy of the drawing is attached here.  Please let me know what I have done wrong if anything.  I so appreciate help.  Thank you.  Actually, I am using ACAD Arch. 2014.

Message 4 of 4
kayzue2010A3PFB
in reply to: pendean

Turns out I did not actually need a 'Drape' refresher, sir. What I did need was to rearrange my living room furniture to forget my problem, so I could think of what I haven't tried to make 'drape' work. I changed my DISPLAY CONFIGURATION from SITE PLAN to Low-, Medium-, High-Detail, Reflective, Standard...to anything but SITE PLAN to see I was actually creating a drape and didn't know it. I just could not see the drape I had created many many many times, because of the WRONG DISPLAY CONFIGURATION.

Thank you to me, I guess. AND, my living room furniture!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report