AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling Grid Command Not Working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
polyaLYCVU
439 Views, 5 Replies

Ceiling Grid Command Not Working

Hello! I'm having difficulty getting the ceiling command to work. I am currently using AutoCAD 2022. I can change the y and x-axis, and the dimensions of the grid. However, when I go to select the boundary of the grid, the crosshairs disappears, and I can no longer select anything. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: polyaLYCVU

Greetings @polyaLYCVU

1) AutoDAD2022 does not have a ceiling grid command. Are you actually using AutoCAD-ARCHITECTURE 2022?

2) What is the exact error message or command prompted presented at the commandline when you make it 5-10 lines tall while using whatever command you launched? often, there is a clue there that might help others help you.

TIA
Message 3 of 6
dbroad

Ceiling grids allow you to select either a polyline or a space as a boundary.  So, before setting ceiling boundaries, you must already have traced the walls with a polyline or added a space.  Unfortunately, selection of boundaries seems dependent on drawing order.  I just tried adding walls, then switched to reflected, then added a ceiling grid, then added spaces, then tried to select a space as a boundary and it wouldn't select the space.  So, during the add ceiling phase, you may need to temporarily switch to a display Rep that has the space hatch.  Then, select the spaces and using draworder bring spaces to the front. Then add ceilings and set their boundaries.

Whenever selection of objects begins, the crosshairs disappear and the pickbox is displayed.  Your pickbox may be too small to see.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
polyaLYCVU
in reply to: pendean

Hello! I apologize, I am using AutoCAD2022- Architecture. There is no error message that pops up... my crosshair icon changes to the normal mouse arrow and it can only be seen when I hover in the command ribbon. As soon as I move over to the actual model space, it disappears. 

Message 5 of 6
polyaLYCVU
in reply to: dbroad

hmm... this may be the problem? I found that the command only works with rectangular rooms, if they are irregularly shaped, I can't select the boundary that I have drawn out. 

Message 6 of 6
dbroad

I very much doubt it.  You always need the ceiling rectangular size to be equal to or greater than the largest dimensions though.  Place your rectangular ceiling. Then set the boundary.  The ceiling won't grow to the boundary.  It just clips it.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta