AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autosnap aperture box

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
shipman
2008 Views, 5 Replies

autosnap aperture box

I am using ADA 2015 and the Aperture box is always displayed if turned on even if osnap is turned off. Also the box is a dotted line in lieu of solid. Is there a way to get the Aperture box to only show if osnap is on.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: shipman

Take a look at this thread and see if you think your problem is the same.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2010-2011-2012/aperture-box-and-osmode/td-p/2673438

I made the last post in that thread back in 2010 when working with R2011.
My R2015 no longer behaves like this.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
shipman
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for your help, this is exaclty the problem that I was having. I have been trying to get the aperture box to go away since I switched to 2015 about two months now. Not five minutes after I posted, my aperture started working the way it should. The only problem I have is I am not sure what I did to get it working. I changed some values but I thought I put them all back to the way they were. I still have this issue on 4 other system and I only wish I knew what I did.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6
mikeevans6697

I am having this problem in Civil 3D 2015. Just started happening recently and I cannot find a solution. Anyone find a definitive solution for this glitch?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

There is an unbelivably simple cause to the problem - you have 3D OSNAP turned on. Probably you hit F4 by mistake.
So just press F4 or disengage 3D OSNAP on the bottom bar and everything will be as usual.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You just solved a problem I have been living with for a year. THANK YOU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report