AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Seek is Now part of BIm Objects....but no ACA content.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
MichaelWahl7184
1712 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Seek is Now part of BIm Objects....but no ACA content.

So I know Autocad Architecture is the 'red headed stepchild' of the Autodesk BIM world and that they don't even want to acknowlege that it is BIM software and try to push everyone to the cash cow that is Revit...BUT...

Why remove / kill all the ACA content that was on Autodesk Seek when it moved over to BIM Objects a few weeks ago? I can find hide-nor-hair of the style libraries that were available and now have just been dumped in favor of simple auto ad 3D blocks.

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dbroad
in reply to: MichaelWahl7184

Thanks for bring up this deficiency.  I agree that dumping ACA content is an extremely unfortunate development.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 10
pendean

Message 4 of 10
MichaelWahl7184
in reply to: pendean

I'll give it a try but my understanding is that's just a pallet for auto-inserting the content already found on their web-interface.

I did go-back and look for a few objects I had already downloaded but no-dice finding any of them.

Message 5 of 10

Hi @MichaelWahl7184,

Thank you for posting this concern here in the community.

Based on this announcement back in January, the only content that was transferred over to BIMobjects was "content owned by the individual building product manufacturers and previously available on Autodesk Seek". This apparently did not include generic content created for each of the software packages.

There is a contact email for questions regarding Autodesk Seek (seekquestions@autodesk.com), which I would recommend using to see if we'll be making that content available in any other way. I've also contacted this alias myself to see if I can help add some clarity, but haven't heard back yet. If I learn anything additional, I'll be sure to update you here.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 6 of 10
ToanDN

If it makes you feel better, Revit generic content has gone missing as well.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Did you get anywhere with this line of question? I want to learn more about using automatic scheduling for everything.

Message 8 of 10
davidtetro
in reply to: Anonymous

I have been trying to contact BimObject since the change occurred back in January. Both Revit and ACA generic content has been stripped of availability to us. Believe me, this is very frustrating.

Their response was that 'generic' items and content are not real world items and is better to use the real items from manufacturers.

I think AutoDesk has some responsibility for this - after all, they had SEEK and then decided to go with BimObject. I do think that this generic content should have migrated to their servers. If not, it should at least be part of the software we download so that we have access to it.

I am very frustrated with this...believe me...

Message 9 of 10

FOUND - All Revit Generic Content!

All you have to do is an internet search followed by .RFA. So, for example, you can search 'Doors .RFA' and when the search results come up, there will be a result indicating revit.autodesk.com/library/archive9/html/revit%...etc.

Click on that search and BOOM! All the generic content for that. I did it for Windows, Doors, Shutters, Cabinets, etc. All the items from SEEK are there!

One example...searched 'doors .rfa' (without quotations)

http://revit.autodesk.com/library/archive9/html/Revit%209.0%20Library/US%20Library/Families/Doors/in...

Good luck all you generic content users!

Message 10 of 10
davidtetro
in reply to: davidtetro

Here is even one better!

http://revit.autodesk.com/library/archive9/html/

Gets you right to the top of the food chain and allows you access to templates, annotations, families, etc. Use the directory on the left of the webpage and you have access to everything that used to be on SEEK!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report