AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad will not load

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
619 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad will not load

Every time I try to open autocad i get a message saying the program has stopped responding and windows is looking for a solution. This is the first time i am opening the program since installing it. Ive downloaded the updates, restatred my computer and tried everything i could think of but it still wont work. I have the student architecture version and i need help ASAP. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
múinteoir
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this to start with.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: múinteoir

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before you wrote that. Now I have the trial which last for 30 days. Do you know how to reinstall the student version?

Message 4 of 10
pendean

"student version" is just a license update you do from inside the program with ABOUT command. Care to explain more, like perhaps your 'student version' is actually some older software version and this "autocad" is a newer one?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I downloaded the student version of autocad 2017 you get free for 3 years and when I tried to open it it didnt work. I ended up uninstalling it and tried to reinstall it but when I did the version I got is a trial that lasts for 30 days. Im not sure how to get the other version back; the one that lasts for 3 years.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

UPDATE: I was able to reset the files like Johnathan suggested and when it opened i got a screen saying "run" or "activate". I chose activate and put in my license number and product key that autodesk emailed me. Once again it said it has stopped responding and it still wont work. Any other ideas before i contact them?  

Message 7 of 10
pendean
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks pendean, unfortunately my windows 10 is updated and it still wont work. What exactly does it mean by "create a new windows profile"? It seems like my only option now.

Message 9 of 10
pendean

Log-in as a different user on your PC.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you so much pendean, its finally working!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report