AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad flatten problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
6138 Views, 4 Replies

autocad flatten problem

hi i tried to flatten the lines in my autocad drawing but it crashed every time and i have a deadline soon can someone plz help me solve this problem i attached the file below

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

Interesting looking project.  In my opinion, though, you are trying to do too much in a single drawing and have exploded too many blocks.  That said, there are several approaches that will work:

1)Use qselect.  Choose block refererences.  Choose Select All.  Choose Exclude from new selection set.  Choose OK.  Execute the flatten command on that list.  Then qselect, choose block references.  Choose Select All.  Choose Include in new selection set.  Choose OK.  In the properties palette, set the z elevation coordinate to 0.

2)Repeatedly qselect by object type, selecting all.  Then choose the appropriate (z coordinate, elevation, etc.) in the property palette and set to 0.  If an object type doesn't have a elevation or z property, use the flatten on that selection.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Try export to AutoCAD from a plan (top) view, or copy/paste special > Picture (metafile) for smaller bits of the drawing.

Message 4 of 5
danavelar
in reply to: dbroad

Tks for the help. The qselect works but just the step1. 

There are some other lines that still out of the coodinate 0.

Message 5 of 5
-FDC-

Select half of your drawing (too many objects to select all) and then at properties start your way down.

Lines, plines, ... all z values to 0, elevations to 0, insertions, ...

z1.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report