AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture - Wall hatch color shift at joints

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nimaQP2RS
254 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture - Wall hatch color shift at joints

Hi,

I'm experiencing a super annoying issue with color shifting at some of my wall joints.

I'm trying to colorize a 2D room blueprint so that it is presentable to customers, but changing the colors on the hatch for my walls makes these color shifts and the walls are identical. Even in printing they turn out different. See pictures below.

nimaQP2RS_0-1673815469693.png

nimaQP2RS_1-1673815476918.png

nimaQP2RS_3-1673815605233.png

This is how it turns out during print pdf

Can someone help with this issue?

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Wall hatch color shift at joints ]

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: nimaQP2RS

If all of your Walls use the same Wall Style (or if all Wall Styles have no style-level display overrides), is there any chance that the Wall with the hatch color that does not match the Drawing Default color has an object-level display override?

In the image below, the magenta solid fill hatch is the Drawing Default for Hatch 1.  The Wall with the yellow solid fill hatch has an object-level display override set to make it yellow.  To see this setting:  select the Wall that has the unexpected color, right click, and choose Edit Object Display from the context menu. 

In the Object display dialog, select the Display Properties tab, and look for any in bold type, as that indicates an active Display Representation in the current view.  Is there a check mark in the toggle in the Object Override column?  If so, you can select the Edit Display Properties button in the upper right corner of that tab to see the settings, if you are interested.  Select Cancel in the Display Properties (Wall Override) - DisplayRepName dialog when you are done looking at the settings.  Back in the Object Display dialog, select the checked toggle to remove the override.  The Wall of a different color should now have the same color.

Snag_14c80f6c.png

If there is no object override, and the Walls are all of the same Wall Style, then I cannot explain why one wall has a different color.  You may want to post an example file with the issue so that people here can see if the effect is the same when they open the file on their machines.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
nimaQP2RS
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, thanks to it I now realize where the problem lies.

It is the same wall style, and tried both with and without "style override". But now I realize that it the problem goes away for index colors and not when using True color. See the attached pictures, everything else is the same.

Skärmbild 2023-01-25 145944.jpgSkärmbild 2023-01-25 145908.jpg

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: nimaQP2RS

Interesting.   I tried that on my computer, and did not get the variations in color that your image shows.  Perhaps it is a graphics card/monitor issue.

Snag_39e575f.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report