AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2015 User - Upgrade to Current Version?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jimkedmondson
406 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Architecture 2015 User - Upgrade to Current Version?

Hello,

I've been using ACA 2015 for a number of years now and have been pretty happy with it.  I own the program.

I've been wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the current subscription version.  If there have been a number of improvements over my version, I might consider this.  But, my sense is the improvements have only been marginal, and the upgrade may not be worthwhile.

Does anyone have any insight or recommendation?  Thanks.

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The biggest addition after 2015 is likely the Styles Browser.  If you already have a well-developed set of tool palettes for accessing your typically-used AEC Object Styles, then you may not find this worth the cost of admission.  But if your current workflow is to copy Styles as needed via the Style Manager, you may find the Styles Browser of value.

You can find links to my blog articles on the new features in 2016, 2017 and 2018 here.  The fact that there are no new features articles for 2019 and later says all I need to say about the recent developments in AutoCAD Architecture (the 2018 new features are all vanilla AutoCAD).  There are, of course new features in AutoCAD in 2019 and later, and plenty of others have written about those (or you can look in the on-line Help for each release - there is a new features section).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thank you.  This is very helpful.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta