AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Multileader w/ block

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tj6TCQ5
374 Views, 1 Reply

Annotative Multileader w/ block

I was testing out using detail callout blocks with a multileader but the scale at which it draws certain leader objects like the landing length and arrowhead size is guess work for me. I would like them to reflect the actual size at whatever annotative scale it is set at in the properties. We sometimes use the dot blank arrowhead and by not having the accurate size of the arrowhead you have to calc the diameter that you want. We don't currently use annotative text/MLeaders and I was curious if I could make this work. 

Attached is an example of the MLeader I am attempting to use. The arrowhead size says 1/16" but at the current scale it should be 3" and actually is 2". When adjusted up it also scales up. Is there a baseline size for these objects when set to annotative or is it all scaled?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tj6TCQ5

The Multileader in your drawing uses the Annotative Multileader Style.  The content is annotative.  Only one annotation scale is assigned to the Multileader, 3/8" = 1'-0", which is 1:32.  The arrowhead is specified to be 1/16" long and measures 2" in the drawing.  1/16" x 32 = 2".  Seems pretty accurate to me.

The annotation scale you have set current is 1/2" = 1'-0" (1:24).  If that scale were assigned to the Multileader, the arrow size would decrease to 1 1/2".  For the arrow to be 3", the annotation scale would need to be 1/4" = 1'-0" (1:48).  (Annotative content can have multiple scales assigned, if you want it to be visible at multiple scales.)

You have Show Annotation Objects set to Always on the Model tab, so the 3/8" = 1'-0" Multileader displays even though its scale differs from the current annotation scale.  But it will still display at the 3/8" = 1'-0" size.  (For annotation content with multiple scales assigned, when none of those scales match the current annotation scale, the first scale assigned to the content will display when Show Annotation Objects is set to Always.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report