AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Dimension-unit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2710 Views, 6 Replies

AEC Dimension-unit

problem: when u change units which u want, all objects not correctly change to new unit, for example i open <<AutoCAD Architecture 2018 - English (US Metric)>> i change unit to meters, most things will changes but AEC Dimensions still in millimeters unit. i try to found how it show numbers as meter unit in style manager, but cant found 😞
any idea?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

That will be controlled by the Dimension Style assigned to the AEC Dimension Style.  Each Display Representation can have its own Dimension Style, independent of that assigned to the other Display Representations.  To see which Dimension Style is assigned:

1. Open Style Manager.
  2. Find your AEC Dimension Style in the left pane and select it.
  3. In the right pane, choose the Display Properties tab.
  4. Select the Display Representation of interest (the one that is active in the current view will be shown in bold type.
  5. Select the Edit button in the upper right corner.
  6. In the Display Properties dialog, select the Other tab.
  7. The Dimension Style will be shown in the AutoCAD Dimension Settings area at the top.

You can do one of two things:  change the dimension style to one that shows meters -OR- make note of the dimension style name, and then exit out of the dialogs back to the drawing and use the STYLE command to edit that dimension style to show meters.2017-09-26_StyleManager_AECDimensionStyle_DisplayProps_Plan_Other.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

sry not worked! i changes styles but still in millimeter. (i change all Available style like: Aec_Stair_M and Annotative and Annotative Leader and Stair_I and Standard none of them didnt show meter, only millimeter in different style such as line, scale and ...). also in edit dimension style show meter but in drawing still millimeter. only dimension linear show meter! pls see my screen shots. 

Message 4 of 7
dbroad

Sure looks like a bug in ACA to me.  I can repeat the problem here.  Looks like the workaround might be to change your measurement and precision settings.  Change the measurement scale to 0.001. and increase the precision by 3 decimal places for each dimension style you want to use.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

thx 🙂

Message 6 of 7
delei.exe

In AutoCAD Architecture, it is not enough to just set UNITS to meters. It is also necessary to configure in OPTIONS, tab AEC DIMENSION/Units for meters.
PT-BR
No AutoCAD Architecture, não basta somente configurar a UNITS para metros. É necessário configurar também em OPTIONS, aba AEC DIMENSION/Units para metros.

resolvido.JPG

Message 7 of 7
dawongjr
in reply to: delei.exe

This worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta