AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Orbit crashes in architecture 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
215 Views, 1 Reply

3D Orbit crashes in architecture 2011

Hello

When I click on 3D Orbit AutoCAD crashes, when I investigated or searched the net I found the problem was a connected 28inch ASUS monitor with HTMI, considering my age I wanted to see the 3D images in bigger scale, or in bigger screen, this is resulted CAD crashing.

The solution of disconnecting my secondary monitor in order to find solution is very cheap and poor solution,

Whole mighty AutoCAD the KING of precision industry the conquer of all drawings etc, should have a better solution on the matter, other than remove second or secondary monitor and all will be OK.

There must be a better solution, sorry I am hopeless on this matter, so Autodesk please very urgently give me a medicine so I can use my large monitor and can use 3D Orbit command.     

Jus incase you ask horrible Q?

The laptop have worked, works with CAD all fine

Works with Orbit 3D, all good

Renders all is OK as it should be,,,,,,, the moment you connect to a monitor and click on Orbit ,,, crash happens, medicine please!!

Alex 

The architect

Labels (1)
  • 3d
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You've answered your own question: your old 2011 AutoCAD/ADT/ARCH was not designed with modern hardware and settings in mind.

If turning off hardware acceleration is no relief, try different monitors or settings. Autodesk is not going back in time to help fix the 2011s sadly.

You could also try generic WindowsOS tips like these:
http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/
and
https://windowsreport.com/autocad-not-working-windows-10/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report