AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C_Dilla won't start - who supports C_Dilla?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1620 Views, 4 Replies

C_Dilla won't start - who supports C_Dilla?

I am trying to get AutoCAD 2002 to run. when I click on the icon, the
first splash screen comes up, then I get a message that a license error has
occurred and that the license manager system has not been initialised error
[7.1.29] (This is a standalone system, not a network license.) Does
anyone know what this error number is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Nick Alexander
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nick,

If you alter the system date, have a removable drive, or hardware changes
that will effect the Cdilla and place it in a state of repair. Also some
disk management applications can affect it.

The 7.1.29 error means that the RTS (Run Time System) cannot be loaded.
1) Make sure you are logged in with administrator rights on the PC
2) Close all applications and go to Add/Remove Programs
3) Select to uninstall the "C-Dilla License Management System"
4) Reboot
5) Make sure you are logged in with administrator rights on the PC
6) Run "cdsetup.exe" to install RTS

If my solution does not work I would contact your dealer to determine what
occurred.

Sincerely,

Shaan Hurley
Autodesk Beta Programs
http://betaprograms.autodesk.com

"Nick Alexander" wrote in message
news:75DA4837C06AC4548DF3F345AACFFA2D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I am trying to get AutoCAD 2002 to run. when I click on the icon, the
> first splash screen comes up, then I get a message that a license error
has
> occurred and that the license manager system has not been initialised
error
> [7.1.29] (This is a standalone system, not a network license.) Does
> anyone know what this error number is?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Nick Alexander
>
>
>
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have been using AutoCAD r14. I bought AutoCAD 2002 upgrade but haven't had need to install or use it until now. I have just installed it on a fresh installation of Windows XP Professional (Service pack 3) running on a Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz with 4gb of RAM.

The problem is that it won't run. The first time I ran it after installtion, it told me:
CD-DILLA CDSecure
CD-DILLA CDSecure
This version of CDSecure is incompatible with this version of Windows. Contact the vendor to obtain an upgrade that includes a driver update.
[Continue] [Cancel] [Details]

Immediately another dialogue box appeared over the top:
AutoCAD 2002 Alert
A licence error has occurred. Please restart your system to initialise the licence management system. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator or authorised dealer.

I searched Google and found a lot of people have this same error.

So I downloaded a new driver from:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2524942&linkID=9240618

As described in:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=5582547&linkID=9241177
I uninstalled CDilla from "Add Remove Programs", rebooted, used REGEDIT to delete any keys which had values or data containing "dilla", rebooted again, then ran the installer just downloaded.

After that, I ran AutoCAD 2002 and it led me through a step-by-step process, asking for my old AutoCAD r14 serial, etc. and then it created a new file:
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\RegInfoACD.html
with all my registration details in it.

The next day, the whole system was back to square one! AutoCAD refused to run any more, telling me:
AutoCAD 2002 Alert
There has been an unexpected error with the licence management system. Please contact your system administrator or authorised dealer. Error [17.1.8].

I restarted it a few times. Sometimes the error number was [1.1.1].

So at this point I uninstalled AutoCAD 2002 altogether. The uninstall program gave me an alert:
"This error is not handled. Error [646:11:11]"
but completed successfully anyway.

I uninstalled CDilla and again cleared the registry of references to "dilla". I deleted the:
C:\C_DILLA
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002
directories and rebooted. Then I installed AutoCAD 2002 afresh. As I half expected, the initial installation wouldn't run. So once again I uninstalled the CDilla, cleaned the registry of dillas, then ran the CDilla update which installed successfully, rebooted the machine, and still it won't work. Doesn't ask me to go through the activation wizard. Just tells me:
AutoCAD 2002 Alert
There has been an unexpected error with the licence management system. Please contact your system administrator or authorised dealer. Error [17.1.8].

I need to use AutoCAD for work. I can't have it incapacitated like this.

I have never bought or paid for CDilla. I don't even want to use it - I want to use AutoCAD. AutoCAD cost me more than my car. It's frustrating that I can't use it because some freebie program keeps tripping it over.

I searched the AutoCAD 2000-2002 forum for this problem and it looks like masses of people have had similar problems with CDilla. From the admin post above, it looks like CDilla needs to be reinstalled every time my computer goes in and out of "daylight savings" time or I travel interstate and update my timezone. It also suggests that any time I plug in my USB Flash drive or switch on my external backup hard-disk I have to reinstall CDilla and re-register AutoCAD, but that cannot be true. AutoDesk would be out of business if that were the case.

I have tried all the self-help options I could think of before turning here so don't think I'm being lazy asking for help. I don't have a system administrator - I'm a contractor. I don't know what's causing this malfunction and I need the system back on its feet.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

John
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Look at the 2002 product box: read the supported Windows versions.
That's why Autodesk is posting no new information.

Microsoft posts a Windows Installer update/patch/fix, try that.
Then explore XP's Compatibility mode for installing old software, that may
help as well.

Sit tight for other information from other users.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thankyou for those suggestions. My user on the machine is an administrator so I am able to install and uninstall things fine. I ran Windows Update and got it all up to date before starting to install any applications such as AutoCAD.

The strange thing is that it isn't AutoCAD being incompatible with Windows XP Pro: the one time it led me through an authorisation wizard I was able to get into AutoCAD and use it. The next day it reverted to CDilla errors at launch time. Others in this forum seem to have got it to work on XP also. The dialogue boxes I quoted said that the shipping version of CDilla is not compatible with Windows XP. However, I am using a more recent version of CDilla downloaded from AutoDesk which purportedly is compatible with XP. So I don't think compatibility is the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report