Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature machining

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2337 Views, 5 Replies

feature machining

When using ArtCAM (featured machining) between two selected vector lines 1.000 in diameter and we have no allowances turned on and vectors are cutting at top edge with area clear checked off, our CNC machine cuts the part oversized by .040 in diameter. Its like its disregarding vectors at the top edge and is cutting vectors at the bottom even though we don’t have that feature checked off.
Any suggestion you may have would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Gary.B
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

What version and build are you using? Help > about

you might post a screencast showing the issue or upload the file so we can assist you further.

For screencast use Autodesk's screencast recorder and make sure you have recorded key strokes turned on

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 3 of 6
mikeis

Jason,

What are the tolerances that you use in your toolpath??? A tighter tol. will have the end mill follow the vector better, a larger tol. will give you a whole lot more slop but make the toolpath run faster.

When you come back do what Gary said and also provide  clue for us on how you run your toolpaths.

mike

Message 4 of 6
mikeis

Another question for you,

DID your vector move before or after you made the toolpath?? I know it sounds nuts to ask that question, but it's happened before, if you would lock the vectors then run your toolpath you would be could be assured it would stay with in the lines (vectors) unless you have a sloppy tolerance in your toolpath.

mike

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Gary.B

Greetings,

I would send a screencast video but my administrator is on vacation and I don't have access to download. all I can say is my featured machining acts like I check off vectors at bottom or its like my profile cutting has no degree angle. very strange.

when I get access to screencast I will send a video.

Jason

1.000 dia circle .030 deep.png

@Gary.B wrote:

@Anonymous 

What version and build are you using? Help > about

you might post a screencast showing the issue or upload the file so we can assist you further.

For screencast use Autodesk's screencast recorder and make sure you have recorded key strokes turned on

Gary

Message 6 of 6
Gary.B

@Anonymous 

With the parameters you have outlined, I'm not able to produce your reported issue.

can you upload your art file so we can take a closer look at what your getting.

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report