Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
162 Views, 3 Replies

Cutting

When importing a drawing into Artcam to set up for cutting on CNC some of the cutting is shown on the inside of the objects, others on the outside, even though I have selected outside for all? Can anyone help please?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

When importing a drawing into Artcam to set up for cutting on CNC some of the cutting is shown on the inside of the objects, others on the outside, even though I have selected outside for all? Can anyone help please?

What version and build of Autodesk ArtCAM are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 (Version: 2018.0.0 Build: 2017-03-30-0901-b7123cac7).

What type of file are you importing (for example, EPS), and what method are you using to import the file (for example, selecting Vector > Import menu option)? Please confirm.

I think you'll find the answer to your question regarding your Profiling toolpath here, although you'll need to select Outside as the Profile Type instead of Inside.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Hi

Version and build of ArtCAM is: Express 2015, R2, 64 BIT 848, Feb 23 2016

Importing: DXF files

Method to import: Select vectors, import vectors preserving layers

Kind regards

Wendy

Message 4 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:
Version and build of ArtCAM is: Express 2015, R2, 64 BIT 848, Feb 23 2016

You aren't using the latest build of ArtCAM Express 2015 R2 available to you. Please use the following steps to update from ArtCAM Express 2015 R2.SP2 (64-bit build 848) to ArtCAM Express 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860):

1. Shut down all sessions of ArtCAM currently running on your computer.
  2. Visit the Autodesk Customer Downloads Centre.
  3. Enter your dongle number and registered email address, then click Submit. A Customer Verification email is sent to your registered email address.
  4. Click the link included in the Customer Verification email to access the Autodesk Customer Downloads Centre.
  5. Click the ArtCAM link in the site's left column to display the customer downloads for ArtCAM.
  6. Click the ArtCAM 2015 R2 Service Pack 3 – Minimal Install link to download the ArtCAM_2015.860.Minimal.exe file. The file is 814 MB (854,261,760 bytes) in size on disk.
  7. Right-click the ArtCAM_2015.860.Minimal.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option to update to ArtCAM Express 2015 R2.SP3 (64-bit build 860).

@Anonymous wrote:
Importing: DXF files
Method to import: Select vectors, import vectors preserving layers

Your issue should be resolved by following the instructions given here, although you'll need to select Outside as the Profile Type instead of Inside. If you encounter any additional issues, please attach your ArtCAM Model file (*.art) when replying to this post so that we can investigate further.

To protect your privacy, I do not recommend that you share your personal contact information when posting to the Autodesk Community; I have removed any sensitive information from your previous post.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report