Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiling problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ehotle
385 Views, 1 Reply

Profiling problem

I'm new here.  Just put together a model that consisted of basically some circles and some rectangles inside a large circle.  I went to cutout on the cnc machine and it cut on the outside of the vectors instead of the inside as I had selected in profile.  I created the model again, since I did not save it before the toolpath save and it cut on the outside of vectors again.  I was very careful to make the profile selections and am unable to find out what went wrong.  Any help???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
shirish.bansude
in reply to: ehotle

Hi @ehotle,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum.

@ehotle wrote:

I'm new here.  Just put together a model that consisted of basically some circles and some rectangles inside a large circle.  I went to cutout on the cnc machine and it cut on the outside of the vectors instead of the inside as I had selected in profile.  I created the model again, since I did not save it before the toolpath save and it cut on the outside of vectors again.  I was very careful to make the profile selections and am unable to find out what went wrong.  Any help???

What version and build of Autodesk ArtCAM are you working in? To confirm this, select the Help > About Autodesk ArtCAM menu option in your ArtCAM software. For example, Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 (Version: 2018.0.0 Build: 2017-03-30-0901-b7123cac7).

If you need all of the Profile - Inside toolpaths to machine inside of a selection of vectors, you'll need to create two different toolpaths, as shown in the screencast below:

If the provided information is helpful to you, please be kind enough to click the Accept As Solution button below. Alternatively, reply back to me and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Shirish.B

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report