Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to render Atmosphere and Fog AOV

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
walissonfeitozac4
333 Views, 3 Replies

How to render Atmosphere and Fog AOV

Hello

I would like to know how I can be rendering only the Fog and Atmosphere channel of the scene...
I tried several ways but it's not similar to other renderers where you simply grab and drag the atmosphere AOV...
I would like to know if there is any way to have this AOV channel

I tried to put it in the emission channel, but when I export the EXR file and compose it in AfterEffects, it simply gives me a black screen, but in Arnold's IPR it appears

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The atmosphere/fog contribution is currently in the emission AOV as you noted, there's no dedicated AOV. I rendered it to an EXR file and the AOV is written correctly. How did you add the emission AOV, do you have multiple Arnold drivers maybe? Can you see it in the Picture Viewer on the Layer tab?

peter_horvath_0-1715934245425.png

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 4

I rendered an emission AOV, but when I imported the EXR file into the after effects it just didn't recognize it... 

The render settings were right. 

@peter_horvath 

Message 4 of 4

What do you mean by "didn't recognize it"? Was the emission channel missing from the EXR file, or was it there, but empty?

What does the Layer tab show in the Picture Viewer if you load the EXR file? If Picture Viewer shows the layer correctly, but black in After Effects, could be maybe a color space issue? Picture Viewer displays the image with the view transform, while After Effects shows it in render space maybe, thus darker?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report