Community
Arnold for 3ds Max Forum
Rendering with Arnold in 3ds Max using the MaxtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Arnold active viewport glass physical material has bubbles?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
215 Views, 1 Reply

Max Arnold active viewport glass physical material has bubbles?

Set up Max 2020 active viewport to give me an image close to a final render. I hope that is clear. Basically I set it up so I can work on the model the way it would look rendered. High Quality so I can see all the lights, realistic shaders with maps, etc. Arnold is updated as I just did a clean install on a new drive.

Everything looks great, except for the glass shader. The look is actually pretty cool, but not what I need for this image. The shader looks like glass with tiny bubbles in it. I need clear glass. Funny thing is that it used to be clear, or at least almost clear, but then I must have changed one of a million parameters in Max, the renderer, or the material to get me the bubbles. I tried to back track, but couldn't find the offending setting. Anyone have any idea how I could clear up the glass?

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
madsd
in reply to: Anonymous

Could it be that you are using roughness?
That would blur the glass a bit, and if you don't use fine render details those incomplete roughness samples can come out as boubles.

Ideally, attach an image of your asset, or an image of a piece of glass in a different scene that does the same, and perhaps an image of the material settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report