Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you blend these surfaces?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
593 Views, 3 Replies

How do you blend these surfaces?

Hi everybody

I want to build a blend surface between these ones, but when I pick the lower edge of the second surface, I cannot select it.

The second surface is a draft from a pair of curves attached at position.

How can I solve this kind of issue?

Thanks beforehand

blend problem.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
duaxiong
in reply to: Anonymous

You can't do that in one surface...or at least you shouldn't; it needs to be two.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: duaxiong

Thank you for your answer.

Message 4 of 4
TheHangman
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey aureobird

As mentioned its impossible to have a Class-A in there since you have a kink G0 and bellow the G0 1 Span. 

Doing it simpler and dirt I would say use Freeform Blend > turn off the Chain Surface > Set the Flow control to Default so that it blend the First Big Slab from Span down then from G0 Kink to top as another surface, and which would leave a gap in between, and for it you can use a tool that better suits you. SQUARE, BY RAIL, PROFILE BLEND CONTROL and so on. than tweek as you need to acquire a great wash out.

HTH, Happy modelling. 

if this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". 

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. 
Thanks!!!! 

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report