cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash Check - Multiple Selection

Clash Check - Multiple Selection

I would like to suggest that when you run your clash check and the dialog box comes up with all your clashes that you have the ability to select multiple lines of clashes to use the 'Ignore Object' button - these are typically ones that you know are all the same such as at a purlin/girt laps. Please see screencast below. 

5 Comments
bukko
Collaborator

Hi Group,

I was running a clash check today on a project that I'm generating shops for,  and the clash check interface could really use some attention.

1) First of all not being able to multi select and mark multiple clashes is really lame!!

The clash check interface winds up being another AST mouse button click fest.   AST Dev team.... you really need to purge Advance Steel of the 

single mouse click productivity traps in the software.  

Huge time KILLER

2) Being able to display and isolate objects connected by multiple clashes... (similar to displaying objects connect in shop command in the AST Tool Pallet)  so that you can implement corrections, get out of the interface and move on to the next step in your project.

SAME ENHANCEMENTS NEEDED FOR STEEL CHECK!

I have had great success in creating custom tools (combined AST commands) with the xml file that drives the tool pallet. ClashCheck.png

I'll be looking for this enhancement in the next update....bwaaaaaa

Regards

Craig

ECMS

iwafb
Advisor

To add...

Being able to ignore specific clashes is a nice feature. You should also be able to restore specific clashes previously ignored. At the moment, you can only restore all, so you are back to square one. Maybe an ignored clashes tab could be added with a single restore button?

ETheuring
Advocate

Even if I run now in risk to come along with this comment unpopular one, I will write this comment.

First: I find the idea good!
But: This requires from the user a responsible use of these tools.
We have with ourselves in the support over and over again the case that users contact because they have problems in your construction. If then we more exactly look the problem, the reason of the problem is ignored errors of the clash and steel check.
Therefore, the multi select should be switchable on only with a default.

haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

#bukko
"I have had great success in creating custom tools (combined AST commands) with the xml file that drives the tool pallet. "

Can you please tell us what commands you use for multiple selection of clashes and to ignore them?
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report