Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Attribute Name

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Csolati
124 Views, 3 Replies

User Defined Attribute Name

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if there is a way to change the user attribute names, to a custom name rather than a generic number. Please see the image below. Thank you for your hints. Regards

Csolati_1-1716489917804.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: Csolati

Hi @Csolati,

of course it is possible ... go to Management Tools / Table editor ... load the databases ... and filter (use field under) for ErrorMessages ... in a column ErrorText search for the descriptions you want to change (click on the column name to sort descending/ascending)

HTH

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 4
Csolati

Hello Carl,

Thank you for quick response.

I have changed the user attribute 1 to something else and still the text not showing in Advance Properties. To be honest I do not understand the connection between the header text of UDA to error messages! Am I missing something? Thank you.

Csolati_1-1716492369969.png

Csolati_2-1716492407625.png

Message 4 of 4
Csolati

Shoooooot! Found it. I had to change the Ugurs Property Sheet table. Thank you Carl. You are very knowledgeable. Much appreciated! Image below is as a reference for others with the same question:

Csolati_3-1716492895254.pngCsolati_4-1716492932817.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report