Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized version and cannot be read

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adminJUMPG
258 Views, 3 Replies

Unrecognized version and cannot be read

I was using Advance steel in the morning all fine (Didn't mess around with any settings or system files. I was only outputting some single part plate details). Closed it. Went to use it again in the afternoon and now it is opening a blank Drawing1 on start up and continuously bringing up a window saying: unrecognized version and cannot be read.

I have followed the solution: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unrecognized-versi...

I have deleted all files in the templates folder and created a new template file so it is the only thing in there.

I have made sure all Advance Steel/AutoCAD/Licensing updates have been downloaded and installed

The error also appears whenever I open any of my previously working .dwg / .dxf / .dwt files.

I have even tried every value of the STARTUP command and the error still persists when opening any drawing file.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adminJUMPG
in reply to: adminJUMPG

Update: 

I have backed up all my files. Uninstalled AS2024 and re-Installed AS2025.

This seems to have fixed the problem for all of 10 minutes.

I was doing some test loading of random .dwg's from my backups, I was about 5 files loaded until one of them triggered the error. I then tried to open the previous 4 files and each one of them now had the error. I closed AS and re-opened and was met with the blank Drawing1 .dwg instead of the fresh template I had just set up along with a waterfall of error windows.

I uninstalled/re installed again, tried some different .dwgs and same result after a few files. 

Thankyou for taking the time to read this

Message 3 of 4
adminJUMPG

Update2: I uninstalled / reinstalled and was able to open all of my models, so I thought the problem was fixed.
I was in the the ASTemplate.dwt adding some extra base linework for ref point 0,0,0. I clicked on the View tab then properties tool and the error popped up again.
Once again, now when I open AS it brings up a blank Drawing1 with the mountain of error windows and now none of my models open without the error.
Message 4 of 4
adminJUMPG

Untitled.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report