Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Parts are not being numbered in assembly drawing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Cole.HarrisPMUYG
111 Views, 1 Reply

Standard Parts are not being numbered in assembly drawing

Hello,

I am having an issue with standard parts not getting their proper part number.  I have a standard part template drawing which already has some different column base plates, top plates, and a few other clips and brackets that we use and have used for a long time.  These existing parts are numbering correctly in my test model when I run the numbering command.  However, the new standard parts I have added to the same standard drawing are not being recognized in my test model as standard parts, so Advance Steel is just giving them generic sequential part numbers. 

I already confirmed that the models in my template drawing have the correct single part mark on them, and after copying the part from the template to my test model I confirmed that there are absolutely no differences in geometry between the models, so as far as I can tell Advance Steel should place the correct part mark on them.  The test model also contains one of the older standard parts in it (a base plate with the single part SU2023), and that one is numbering as it should.  Is there something else that I am missing?  Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I discovered that the issue was my template drawing was in the directory for Advance Steel 2022 and I was using Advance Steel 2024 (we updated relatively recently), but the drawings had the same name.  Once I put the template drawing in the correct directory, the "issue" resolved itself and parts were numbering correctly!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report