Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Tread Option in Advance Steel

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
587 Views, 2 Replies

Stair Tread Option in Advance Steel

Our client specifies for stairs a "Borden Type WB-6 (1 1/4"x3/16") tread with checkered plate nosing, or equal".  Is there an "or equal" in the list of options in the Stair command, or how would I add this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

Borden is not integrated, but you could add a complete new database or you add it to an existing one.
you had to open the management Tools and then the table-editor, open the databases and than have a look in the AstorGratings.
For example Grating_US_Imperial. On the right side you see alle gratings which are included, you could add a row by copy an existing one and use the name you want. After reopen the database in Advance, you could them in the stairs macro.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Thanks.  I thought that might be the way to go about it, but wasn't sure.  I've got a little bit of time now, so I'll give it a try.  One of the McNichols gratings looks close to the Borden, so I'll copy that.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report