Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space between dimensions and purlin characteristic points

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
501 Views, 1 Reply

Space between dimensions and purlin characteristic points

Hi, I have a problem with decreasing space between dimensions chains. I've tried in management tools but there's no effect (dimensions distance even to 1.00 from 7.00 which was default). I've also changed dimension style in prototypes and set 2.5 distance between dimension chains - again, no effect.

dim1.PNG

Also above is wrong cause I choose extreme and system line in dimension strategy, but I would like to achieve something like this below:

dim2.PNG

Could someone help me with that? - I can't find points (marked red above) I need to determine the purlin orientation by dimensioning it's webs.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AleckGiles
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Defaults > Drawing Dimensioning > Distances > Distance between dimensions works for me to change the spacing of the lines. It might be in mm even if you generally use inches.

I'm afraid it is not possible to dimension the shape (cross-section) of a beam in an AS drawing style. Only the overall size of the shape. Therefore the top middle point in your dimension chain cannot be included in the automatic dimension. Unless you can somehow fiddle the system line to be on the desired point and dimension that as you already tried.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report