Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slotted Hole NC Dimensioning

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mattbates77
319 Views, 2 Replies

Slotted Hole NC Dimensioning

Hi,

I have supplied NC files to purlin supplier and they are saying that the slotted hole dimension reference needs to be to the center of the slot. As you can see on attached images the NC file has a 2mm error. Is there a way to produce NC with slot center dimensions?

Help with this would be appreciated

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

look like there's not error of 2mm, it take the center of the left hole.
As example here a bit bitter larger pic:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1624447577072.png

There's a default for using the center of slotted holes for dimension, but as I know not for NC files. 
I'm not sure if this is existing, I will have a look for it, but for point of view it's logic for the drilling machine to have a staring point and length between the "first" and the "second" hole:

Sebastian_Eiche_1-1624447995314.png

But as always ... different machines: different files

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 3
mattbates77
in reply to: mattbates77

Thanks Sebastian,

Technically the NC file is correct although our suppliers tooling requires the dimension to be to the center of the slot as it is detailed on the drawing. I have not found any settings that will change this behaviour. If anyone knows of a solution it would be much appreciated. Only option for them at present is to key it in manually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report