Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIDE RAIL CLEAT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Riaan14
450 Views, 4 Replies

SIDE RAIL CLEAT

Hi!

Can anyone please give me some advice? I've managed to create a custom connection for a side rail to column connection.

It works 100% and I can copy it to the rest of the colmuns without any problems, but at a certain point down the row of columns it

start to insert the cleat connection on the opposite side of the columns. 

It is exactly the same columns as the rest, so I don't know what the problem can be. 

SIDE RAIL CONNECTION.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
muleman1
in reply to: Riaan14

we read your question earlier and when we experimented with the connection, we had the same results.....hope we get an answer

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 5
DumitruBerteanu

Can you please attach the model where this issue appears?  The situation can appear if the respective column internal Coordinate System is the other way around (so the beam is rotated). The column geometrically looks indentical to the others, but if its rotated, then the custom connection will try to place itself on other side. You can try to rotate that column with 180 degrees and try again to apply the connection.

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 4 of 5
Riaan14
in reply to: DumitruBerteanu

Hi,

Find attached my model, which I have the problem with.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

hi,

this issue is always he result off the beam insert point, or mirrored beams either. You have the same when you made a user connection on the left side from a beam and then copy it to the right side, the connection not made as you think. Solv it by making a left and a right connection.

It woud be handy if there was a switch for " mirror connection" .

good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report