Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sag rod end with nuts

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
desigan2015
3116 Views, 8 Replies

sag rod end with nuts

Dear All,

Please advise how to do the sagrod(roof purlin ) with nuts and washer

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
arkli2009
in reply to: desigan2015

One way: use round bar with nut and washer special parts.
Message 3 of 9
desigan2015
in reply to: arkli2009

Dear Arkli2009

i am quite new for AS , please advise how to add like  special parts. please provide is there any video link. Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
arkli2009
Message 5 of 9
arkli2009

U can also download other block use as a special part. As long as it is a pure AutoCAD 3D solid object.
Message 6 of 9
johnjmbennett

There is a macro in the connection vault designed to apply a generic rod section for tie rod purposes, with extensions etc. It was for generic cold rolled.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/5b2267c9-e...

It was designed so as to add lots of special parts for nuts and washers, because by ordering the tie/sag bar the suppliers of CR have standard opitions to add the fixtures.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
desigan2015
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Dear johnjmbennett,

Thanks for the video, also please send me the video of adding  nuts at both end .

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9
desigan2015

Dear Jhon,

My projects all in mm. I  have created my 3d nut. when add the nut using special parts , ya its working ,but its scaled automatically 25.4 times. The nut looks so big.

Please advise how to solve this default settings.

Message 9 of 9
johnjmbennett

I believe this is a similar issue to one related to an oversize custom connection joint box.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

This is related to units in either the custom connection source file or the units in the model file.

Not in advance steel, you have both autocad and advance steel units, you should try and make sure they are all the same type and fractional value.

AS units are found under project settings button, scroll down in the list.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report