Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round bars are not shown in plan drawing!!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
roxy92
286 Views, 4 Replies

Round bars are not shown in plan drawing!!!

I am trying to do a plan drawing, with a layout of assemblies like this: 

roxy92_0-1658466699512.png

BIG PROBLEM: In the drawing, the round bars don't appear, I was trying many Drawing styles, with different depth values, and none was showing me the bars.

roxy92_1-1658466838383.png

Do you have the same problem with them? Someone told me that he had the same problem also in AS 2022.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnjmbennett
in reply to: roxy92

Hi,

so what are the round bars, by that I mean are they anchor elements with a square head or are they section profiles with a square plate added.

you would need to know the type of element to then see if it’s drawing presentation could be changed.

very difficult to say without out a simple model to look at.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: roxy92

The detailstyles had to show beams "visible hidden".

Also it seems to be you had clashes between the plate and the beam...correct them (with holes or cut on plate)--> clashes occour the following problem:
The software want to display the beam and get to place, where the clash exist. now the software had to decide: visible or hidden line? and this calculation sometimes bring the software to the point, to show nothing.
If you use double click on the green frame and set all hidden lines to show, do you see it?

Another idea would be: the size of minimal to show parts. There's a default in the management tools for the minimal to show size. If you use 16mm round bars and have a scale of 1:10 the part is 1,6mm on the detail, if the setting in the MT is set to 2mm, the part will not be shown

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 4 of 5
roxy92
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Yes, they are made with section profiles. I attach the dwg with it.

Message 5 of 5
roxy92
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

The clashes and the hidden lines were solved and the problem still exists. I have modified the default settings from Management tools, and this was the solution! Thank you a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report