Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large amount of equal distance dimensions and weld symbols make the drawing messy

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
FordSteelEngineering
369 Views, 7 Replies

large amount of equal distance dimensions and weld symbols make the drawing messy

Hi guys,

Is there a way to check "group equal distances" all the time for producing all drawings? I intend to group all equal distance dimensions automatically when I produce drawings.

Xc_1_0-1658465721121.png

I also have assemblies with so many parts welded on them, when I create assembly drawings, they look pretty messy with heaps of weld symbols that make me dazzled.....

It's tedious to check "group equal distances" and delete weld symbols one by one in hundreds of drawings, please help. 

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

find the DetailStyle you use for the Mainparts in the DetailStyle Manager.
Open the dimension strategy--> find the dimension type line and press on the points button:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1658474210803.png

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 8

Thanks very much, Sebastian_Eiche.

I have read a post that said that the weld symbol could be turned off and only displayed in cut views. But I couldn't find the corresponding setting in the management tool.
Could you please guide me through this?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Message 4 of 8

could you show us the thread? 
I could not remember such a default. You could set the symbol to not shown for standard weld size.
so if you uncheck this:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1658478624381.png

There will be no symbols for all weld with the standard size:

Sebastian_Eiche_1-1658478667417.png

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 8

Hi Sebastian_Eiche
Thanks for your reply.

Could you please check the link of the thread below, the first response mentioned that. Thanks

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/weld-symbols-overlapping-in-mainpart-drawings/td-...
Message 6 of 8

So this is nor a default, this is also a setting in the detail style manager:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1658480733137.png

There could be also a line for just "weld" but the point is: if you set these lines to presentation off, you will not see any weld symbol. 
we often wrote this in this forum: to be efficient in Advance Steel a detail style customizing is often needed and therefore you should not just "play" in the detailstyle manager. You could set there a lot, but also destroy a lot...so have a look for the youtube video (often linked here in the forum) or better: do a training at you local reseller

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Thank you very much, Sebastian_Eiche.

Instead of turning off all weld symbol displays, what would you recommend to make the default assembly drawing tidier? The way weld symbol displayed in the below drawing won't be practical for someone to read it. I have also tried to group the weld symbol in the management tool setting, but the result isn't as effective as expected.

Xc_1_1-1658486695415.png

Message 8 of 8

I don't want to say, you should not do it...you had to know what happen.
If you could accept this...do it. You could also increase the distance for combining labels, but I don't think this would help:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1658487188195.png

So it could be good idea to set them to off, but remind what you set, because kyou mabe want to see them in another project.
BE carefull with detail style adjustments...it's based on rules which belong to other views. If you change the detail style for "Beams" maybe the changing is also be seen at "column" and so on.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report