Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Revise column to match will quantity change

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
advandes
334 Views, 3 Replies

Question: Revise column to match will quantity change

Using AS 2019

All my detail sheets have been created, and I have 19 identical columns and 1 that is unique, and I change that 1 unique column to match the others, how can I get the sheets and the quantity to update so that there is only 1 sheet with quantity 20 columns? Is this even possible?

AAG
Advance Design
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
múinteoir
in reply to: advandes

Have you tried renunber and then force update?
The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 3 of 4
advandes
in reply to: múinteoir

I have not tried that. I am new at this and not sure what the results are when you “renumber” after you have already generated the sheets. Does this only affect any changes that have been made? Does a sheet get removed? Do all the sheets and parts get renumbered when I have used part numbers by sheets since a sheet has been removed? I don’t want to screw this up. I am almost done with this real project, but I am finding quite a few errors in the drawings that need correcting. Thanks for your help!

AAG
Advance Design
Message 4 of 4
AleckGiles
in reply to: advandes

Hi,

Jonathan was correct. First make sure you have the default "Drawing General > Allow duplicate workshop drawings" turned OFF. Don't forget to Update Defaults if you change this.

When you renumber part2 will recognise it is now the same as part1 and change number accordingly. You will be prompted that there are duplicate drawings and asked if you want to delete them - say Yes and drawing 2 will be deleted. When you update drawing 1 it will change to say 20 off required.

Renumbering will NOT change existing part numbers unless there is a reason because parts are now the same as or different to other parts. The changed part always changes number not the unedited one. Whenever you finish editing you MUST renumber the entire model and update the drawings accordingly. Otherwise any documentation you produce after editing and before renumbering is basically nonsense - especially BOMs. if you have set the default as above you should also basically run an All Parts and an All Assemblies drawing process to catch any new parts / assemblies that now exist and are not already drawn.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report