Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purlin standard hole centres

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
c-s-d
1141 Views, 9 Replies

Purlin standard hole centres

Where do I find the setting to change the standard hole centres for purlins. Using Australian settings, a C150 purlin is set to 60mm holes centres but I need to change this to 70mm centres to suit standard hole centres for Victoria. The ANZ bridging macro & non-continuous purlin macro both default to 60mm centres.
Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AleckGiles
in reply to: c-s-d

Hi,

If you are referring to the gauge lines of holes for cleat bolts etc. then these are simply read from library entries like every other parameter.

When a joint is placed AS looks in the library for matching sections and uses the first matching entry it finds. You can then edit parameters as you wish within the dialog Once the settings are as you prefer you can go to the library page and Import Values to store your preference. Use the Edit button to give a name yto your entire in the Comment column.

In future you can simply select your preference form the library if it is not placed automatically. You could even delete the original library entry if you are sure you don't want it.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 10
Emanuel.Nestor

Hi @c-s-d,

Thank you for posting on Advance Steel Forum 🙂

It would be a great help if you could add a small model with the exact situation you have (the profiles, the joint connection ...). In this way anyone could understand your question / request better.

Best regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AleckGiles

@AleckGiles  , The dialogues in question here do not allow you to adjust the bolt/hole gauge on purlin connections. 

Two of the connection tools in Advance Steel do not allow you to change the purlin bolt centres. These are 'ANZ Bridging' and 'Non-Continuous Purlin' which are both in the Fabricator Specific Category of the Connection Vault. This is a problem in Victoria Australia where the standard purlin hole gauge for a C150 is 70mm, not 60mm.

Message 5 of 10
iwafb
in reply to: Anonymous

In the bridging macro, there is an option to "use alternate spacing", this will adjust the bolt pitch.

iwafb_0-1606953251681.png

I believe the purlin accessory macro has a similar setting...

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: iwafb

Thanks iwafb. I see that now. It's just the Non-Continuous Purlin tool that needs fixed.

Message 7 of 10
iwafb

I've only used that tool a couple of times, but I'm reasonably confident the values can be changed in the macro...

Can you upload a model extract?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: iwafb

Iwafb, See attached. Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
iwafb

Hey Stewart,

Understand what you mean now...

Simple solution would be to use a std shear plate connection as opposed to a dedicated purlin macro. This will let you control the holes... This can also be used where you have purlins connecting to the side of a rafter with much greater control than a purlin macro would give you.

Hope it helps.

Message 10 of 10
Flies-Eyes

@Anonymous did you find a solution for this issue.  I have the same issue with purlin required for Vic not Qld.  I can't use the Shear Cleat joint because in Revit that joint doesn't allow purlins to be connected to a beam so you get a 1000 errors when transferring back to Revit.

Did you find a setting in a database to change gauge distance to 70mm?  It must be a parameter some where.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report