Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototype File Name

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jonathan3891
191 Views, 1 Reply

Prototype File Name

Is it possible to put the client name in the prototype file name, something like "ASDETPROTO-A1-VERSALIS.dwg"?

I can never get it to recognize the prototype with the client name using a by project setup. If I change it to just "ASDETPROTO-A1" it works fine, but I would like to figure out how to include the client name.

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rob_Merriman
in reply to: Jonathan3891

Hi @Jonathan3891 

If you are changing the filename of the prototype you will also need to change the filename selector in the drawing process. My advice would be to never change whats already in the system, you want to create a new process with a new filename selector for this company, although this is a decent amount of work

Drawing process.JPG

A simpler way would be to use Project specific prototypes, when I have done this in the past we had a folder stored somewhere for each client, in that folder we had a sub folder called "Prototypes" in there we had all the prototypes with the original names "ASDETPROTO-A1" but customised to suit the client

Then when working on a project if you past the client specific "Prototypes" into the model folder the system will use these first before the standard one on C/ProgramDataAutodesk/AdvanceSteel

The full steps can be seen in @AleckGiles blog - https://www.graitec.co.uk/blog/entry/how-to-use-advance-steel-project-specific-prototypes

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report