Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing assembly in bom list

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
javiervega10
260 Views, 4 Replies

missing assembly in bom list

hello everyone.
I have a little problem, when I create an assembly bom list, it does not detect one assemblie (column), I have tried with assembly list, shipping list, and it does not detect a column. but if I make a "beam take-off list" , if it detects that material used. In this case profile
oc 610 x 12.7 which is column C-12.
It had never happened to me

list  no c12  2.png

list  no c12  3.png

list  no c12  4.png

list  no c12.png

model.png

take of list ok.png

      

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AleckGiles
in reply to: javiervega10

Hi,

I think you will find that you have the incorrect main part in your assembly. In the list of selected parts (bottom in your post) the IR356x44.8 is the heaviest part of the assembly and that is most likely the main part. THat will mean the assembly is only listed when that part is selected.

Try using Output > Part Marks > Mark Main Part of Assembly and selecting any part of your C12 assembly. The assembly goes red and the main part goes blue. If the main part is not the column use Output > Part Marks > Create Main Part Of Assembly and select the column. Then renumber the whole structure again. Check the new column assembly number and see if it now appears correctly where you expect it to.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 5
javiervega10
in reply to: AleckGiles

Thanks for your help Aleck, but the IR356x44.8 it is not the wrong assembly , I reviewed each one.
but with the option you mention,to mark the main part of the assembly, I discovered that the pedestal (concrete) is part of the assembly, maybe that is why the lists do not recognize it.
idon´t know how separate it.......it does not have any welding

concret column in assembly.png

Message 4 of 5
AleckGiles
in reply to: javiervega10

Hi,

I am not saying IR356 is the wrong assembly I am saying it is the main part of the assembly when the column should be. The Main Part is the biggest, most important part of an assembly and controls how the overall assembly is treated in drawing and numbering etc. If the wrong part of the assembly has been assigned as the main part the whole assembly can get the wrong numbering prefix and the wrong drawing style.

If your concrete is part of the assembly then it must be connected in the workshop. That means either a shop weld or a bolt / anchor with location set to shop. If you can't find a weld check your anchors. Try selecting the concrete then use "Clear Marking and Display Connection Means" to highlight all welds and fasteners related to the block.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 5 of 5
javiervega10
in reply to: AleckGiles

THANK YOU ALECK.
I MADE WHAT YOU MENTIONED AND INDEED, I HAD 2 WELDS THAT JOIN THE COLUMN WITH THE CONCRETE, I DELETED THEM, MADE A NEW LIST AND EVERYTHING IS OKAY.
BUT I DON´T KNOW HOW DOES THIS WELDING ARRIVE ON COLUMN, THEM WAS IN A COLUMN STIFFENER.
THANKS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report