Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels Disappear After Size Change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michael_desrochers97
159 Views, 2 Replies

Labels Disappear After Size Change

Hello to all,

I hope this finds everyone well.

I have a quick question regarding the labels on a GA Plan Drawing.

If I select a label, use 'Select Similar' to select all labels, and open the 'Advance Properties', I see that the text space is blanked out. If I try to change the size of the text or any modifications, it will erase all text in the text space.

I see that if I want to make changes to labels in a batch, I have to only work with Labels that have the same text, which makes ideal sense. However, if I want to make a general change, such as the text size, what would be the best way to go about this?

Is there a way to do this on the drawing while working on it, or setting something up beforehand in the Drawing Style manager, etc.?

Please let me know when you have the chance.

Thank you all and take care.

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Here's my workflow for tweaking detail styles...

1. Generate a drawing with style you want to edit and open it for editing.

2. Open Drawing Style Manager 

dsm.png

3. Go into your Labeling Strategies and create a new one from one that is close to what you want..

labeling.png

4. Create new..

createnew.png

5. edit as necessary..

edit.png

6. activate new label style in drawing style..

activate.png

7. Click Apply then Use. (you should have drawing open and select part of the detail to use updated style.

This all needs to be done before adding sections or before you get too deep into editing because it will not apply the style if the number of views do not match. If this happens, create another drawing of the same style and use that one to dial in your settings. 

It's a good idea to create a new object presentation rule from the current one and edit that because if things don't work out as expected, and sometimes this happens, you won't screw up any other style that was using that specific set of object presentation rules. Based on my past miserable experiences I found it best to create new copies of everything when editing in here 😅.  It probably states that in the instructions but I don't know because I didn't read them 🙄 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 3

Hi @michael_desrochers97,

plates, beams, ... usually have different description styles (used attributes, names, ...)

Because individual descriptions of different parts can contain different definitions, it is not possible to simply change the height of the text for different objects / descriptions at the same time. Have a look eg. in the macro of different description types - macro will be displayed when clicking on this pilcrow ¶ symbol.

Example - description and symbols for a beam:

bigcarl5000kg_0-1710773922769.png

The same as macro (if activated):

bigcarl5000kg_1-1710774003123.png

Some help:

If your object description for each object contains the same macro (definition), then easy copy the changed macro from one object to all such objects (select all such objects a change the macro in macro mode). I assume, however, that this is not the case.

If at least all beams have the same description style, then you can apply the macro settings to all beams in the same way. Then for sheets, ...

Any type of change means natural work ... and as @markhubrich mentioned before, the applying a derived drawing style with a different description definition to the details in the drawing is also a way, but it also has its pitfalls

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report