Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it necessary to delete files from the database folder?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
422 Views, 4 Replies

is it necessary to delete files from the database folder?

I had a need to delete a drawing from the details folder of a model folder. A co-worker told me I also needed to go into the database folder and delete the files there which I have never done before. Ever since the drawing style doesn't work right. So my question is do I need to go into the database folder and delete those files when deleting a drawing from the details folder? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
múinteoir
in reply to: Anonymous

You shouldn't need to delete any files manually, all should be done in the Document Manager as below.Delete Drawings.png

The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: múinteoir

I've tried that before and had problems with it keeping the file and being unable to re-use the drawing number (file name) and/or reverting back to the unwanted file on updates. Is there a way to prevent that? I need the entire file to be completely gone forever. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
alickomay

after cliking delete u have to click "ok" then "ok"

or after clicking delete press "enter" on keyboard twise

go to numbering , second tab "special" there a setting "reuse unused numbers"

Message 5 of 5
julioealfaro19721996

It is also possible you are generating duplicate drawings, they can cause drawings not to be deleted as they may exist as example: B1 but in the details folder they exist as B1,B100,B101....even thought they are different numbers the software will create new drawings if you run a drawing process to try and finish fast. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report