Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Anchors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
markhubrich
499 Views, 4 Replies

Importing Anchors

I am trying to create a Tapcon anchor library. I duplicated an existing anchor and exported it using the Export Full Anchor button in Management Tools. I deleted the anchor after I exported so I could import it back after I edited.

(this one below is only example)

delete-anchor.JPG

I attached the exported mdf in SQL server studio and made many changes since it's way easier than the interface in management tools. I detached and went back to management tools and tried the Import Anchors function. 

import_export-anchor.JPG

Nothing happened! I selected the same MDF but nothing happened, not even an error popped up and my anchor is not in the list. Is there a special trick to this? 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
markhubrich
in reply to: markhubrich

I even tried a test to make sure I didn't screw up the file with SSMS. I exported a full anchor. Then I renamed that anchor in management tools. Then I tried to import the same file that I exported and it didn't import. 

Message 3 of 5
ChristianBlei

Hi MArk,

just a guess: Did you update the database of AS in between (home/settings/Update defaults)? Also I would check if

the entry is deleted in the database (using MSSQL Management studio 2014 express access) before you import again.

HTH,

Christian

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
Message 4 of 5
markhubrich
in reply to: ChristianBlei

Hi @ChristianBlei 

Yes I updated. I even went as far as restarting AS. I don't know which mdf file the anchors are kept in so I can check if it was all deleted or not. 

Message 5 of 5
markhubrich

Can anyone please verify and please try to import this anchor?  I had to zip it. The ldf file is included but I have no idea if it is required. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report