Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove "Reference" cutback/offset from beam length.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
693 Views, 1 Reply

How to remove "Reference" cutback/offset from beam length.

I made a clip angle connecting two beams, but the top cope is not aligned with the intersecting beam once I added the clip angle. The cut back is 2 5/8" by default. The options to change to zero is grayed out. I tried to delete the grip point but when doing so it removed the bolts and everything. It will not allow me to move it either. I'm going to attach some images to better explain because I'm not sure if I am using the right terms.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jonathan.Jasinski
in reply to: Anonymous

The "Cutback" shown in picture 2 is greyed out because those values are derived from the clip angle macro.  That also explains why, if you delete the shortening, the whole joint gets deleted.  Within the clip angle macro there is a value for "Cut Back" with reference to the face of the beam or the flange or the system line.  That value can be negative to extend the connecting beam into the supporting beam.  For your example, I would start with setting your reference to the "System Line" and changing the cutback value to -2 5/8".  Your manual cut that you have drawn previously would then be redundant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report