Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I split the material list?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
edogan2EKX9
361 Views, 4 Replies

Hello

When we want to separate the material list ,we have to explode it, then there is no update.

how can I do it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: edogan2EKX9

I separate mine into 3 groups, Beams, Plates and Bolts.

I am not sure what you need to model but you could separate concrete, timber, special parts etc.

Message 3 of 5
Dias_Antonio

@edogan2EKX9 

I agree with @Flies-Eyes . Erase the old list and try to make a new one (separating by Model Roles) like beams, columns, bolts etc. 

- Marque "Aceitar como Solução", caso tenha resolvido seu problema.

- Select "Accept as Solution", if it has soplved the problem.

- Clique em "Curtir" se a resposta ajudou.

- Click on "like" if the answer helped.

Antonio Dias

|Linkedin|Instagram|Facebook|Twitter|YouTube|

Colaborador da Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk Brasil

Message 4 of 5
edogan2EKX9
in reply to: Dias_Antonio

I couldn't find how and where to do it.

Message 5 of 5
AleckGiles

Hi,

If you use the BOM templates palette the lists will list all selected assemblies. So if it is various types of part but split by lots / phases or whatever that you require it is simply a case of selecting what you want to include before clicking in the palette.

If you want to list only certain types of object on a list - all plates, all gratings or whatever then you will need a custom type of list for each (unless one is already provided). The UK Build has PLate List, Beam List - Straight, Beam list - Curved, Grating List, Bolt List and Anchor List all already provided. See my webinar here for information about customising lists. It is specifically the Report Contents function you will need to look at.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report