Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with this model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
299 Views, 2 Replies

Help with this model

Hello!

I'm in the learning process of AS and I have this model attached here, which I need to eliminate the holes of the beam in the roof and weld the interface of the column and beam.

I tried weld line command, but didn't go very well.

Is there a command that recognizes the interface between the bars to be welded? It would be a full contour weld.

Also in one of the connections, I tried the "gable wall end plate" and the bolts crossed the beam more than I would expect. How do I make it right?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kirk_bailey
in reply to: Anonymous

I need to eliminate the holes of the beam in the roof and weld the interface of the column and beam.

I tried weld line command, but didn't go very well.

Is there a command that recognizes the interface between the bars to be welded? It would be a full contour weld.

Also in one of the connections, I tried the "gable wall end plate" and the bolts crossed the beam more than I would expect. How do I make it right?

Regards.

I've attached a Screenshot of how to accomplish the work you've requested. in order to eliminate unwanted holes, change the display type to exact & locate the holes you wish to delete. after deleting, switch the display type back to standard.

There are several ways to place a weld however in your case, when you use the cut at object commnd, click, "create weld". you can adjust your weld specs afterwards without having to delete the "Joint Box".

to answer your final question When creating end plates i use the end plates in the connection vault under the plates at beams button. (Second button down in the pallete" and then i can adjust the UCS accordingly to the slope.

Also, here is you adjusted file back.

Message 3 of 3
Kirk_bailey
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, hereis a screencast tutorial of how to create an end plate base plate situation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report