Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grout

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JRWillard
1446 Views, 3 Replies

Grout

I have columns with a baseplate, a level plate and grout. It is easy enough to draw the base plates and the leveling plates but how do I draw the grout. Is there a simple way to do this as I have about 30 columns to do this to. I dont see anywhere that shows it, I saw a video where it shows you to produce a leveling plate at what the grout thickness is and simply turn it off from advance steel so it wont count it or make shop drawings of it but I have to have a leveling plate of 1/4"thickness. The grout is 3/4" thick all sitting on top of the existing slab. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CHRIS_ASDL
in reply to: JRWillard

Hi,

The way I do this is to model the grout using the plate feature.  You can then use the various tools to create the bevels to the sides and the holes for the bolts so that you don' t get any clashes. You can then put this on another layer. If you use the commodity feature to label the grout, this will then appear in your drawings when you insert a label. 

Make sure you turn off the numbering and bill of material in the Behavior panel. This will prevent the plate from appearing on your material list etc.

Hope that helps.

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

Kind Regards

Chris
Message 3 of 4
JRWillard
in reply to: CHRIS_ASDL

Sorry for the late response. Yes it did help and I thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CHRIS_ASDL

@CHRIS_ASDL  Thanks for your brilliant suggestion. It is very helpful for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report