Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get other countries drawing styles

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1736 Views, 9 Replies

Get other countries drawing styles

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows the process for adding other countries drawing styles into AS2018.

Doing the usual process of add or remove features doesn't seem to work like it used to?

Thanks.

Add remove 1.JPGAdd remove 2.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
legar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

In version AS 2018 all Drawing Styles and Drawing Processes are installed only for installed language.

If You want to use another Country DS and DP You must install adequate language AS 2018 but You can use these DS & DP only if You run AS 2018 in adequate Language.

For me it is very BIG inconvenience and because of that I am still using version 2017!!!

I don't understand why Autodesk broke down functionality that worked OK!?

BTW

If You know what DS & DP from other countries You want to use... You must install all necessary AS2018 Language Packs, next run AS 2018 in adequate language then export necessary DS & DP and finally import them into AS 2018 in Your language.

Jerzy

Message 3 of 10
johnjmbennett

This is my understanding of how the process is now designed to work, with command base lanuages types grouped, and different installs for other countries and regions.

For the 2018 Release the way that country settings are installed and used is different to previous versions, there are options to run the country settings in Management tools dialog and control how the pop up appears to set which type of English install for example.   Similarly, there are different country packs available on the Autodesk knowledge network.

Country packs

These can be downloaded from the Autodesk knowledge network, see link below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/downloads/caas/downloads/content/advance-steel-...

For use with Advance Steel 2018 only.

Installation Instructions:

• Advance Steel 2018 must already be installed.
  • Select and download one of the language packs below.
  • Double-click on the downloaded EXE file and click Install to extract the Advance Steel language pack files.
  • The language pack installer will start after the extraction is completed.
  • Click the “Install” button to install the downloaded Advance Steel language pack.

After installation, you can launch Advance Steel 2018 in the selected language by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut created for each language, or from the Windows Start menu.

Change Country install for drawing and document output.

Within the system there is option to allow for user to change the configuration at the start of their session. This is found within the Management tools dialog, under the options tab.

Go into that tab and uncheck the box that controls if the county settings dialog is available.

Close the MT options, also exit AS and then relaunch from desktop icon.

When opening, there will be dialog popup with drop down menu within it, select the country version required.

With this option you can achieve different English language versions of Drawing styles/ BOM document types.

Advance Steel 2018 new feature - Install multi languages

Video showing you how to install a different language version of advance steel, so you can view in German for example and see the German drawing styles and create different desktop shortcuts to open that install directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoOYc6q7yZM

hope that helps out.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
legar
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Hi John,
Did You try all about You wrote? - I tried... and it is not working as expected.
johnjmbennett wrote:

This is my understanding of how the process is now designed to work, with command base lanuages types grouped, and different installs for other countries and regions.

For the 2018 Release the way that country settings are installed and used is different to previous versions, there are options to run the country settings in Management tools dialog and control how the pop up appears to set which type of English install for example.   Similarly, there are different country packs available on the Autodesk knowledge network.

Country packs

These can be downloaded from the Autodesk knowledge network, see link below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/downloads/caas/downloads/content/advance-steel-...

As I wrote in another topic... there are no Language Packs, but for all languages it is the same installation file of Autodesk Download Manager (byte to byte) - and during installation try all the time is repaired previous Autodesk Download Manager installation and no Language Pack is installed.

For use with Advance Steel 2018 only.

Installation Instructions:

• Advance Steel 2018 must already be installed.
  • Select and download one of the language packs below.
  • Double-click on the downloaded EXE file and click Install to extract the Advance Steel language pack files.
  • The language pack installer will start after the extraction is completed.
  • Click the “Install” button to install the downloaded Advance Steel language pack.

After installation, you can launch Advance Steel 2018 in the selected language by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut created for each language, or from the Windows Start menu.

Change Country install for drawing and document output.

Within the system there is option to allow for user to change the configuration at the start of their session. This is found within the Management tools dialog, under the options tab.

It works only for English languages - You can choose one of four English settings:

1. Australia
  2. United Kingom
  3. International
  4. United States

Actually it is not possible to setup AS 2018 to choose different LP during start-up! - I've discussed it with one of AS guru from Autodesk site and he confirmed it and told me that broken functionality maybe will be restored in future Service Pack - it depends of users rumoruos and votes for it!

Go into that tab and uncheck the box that controls if the county settings dialog is available.

Close the MT options, also exit AS and then relaunch from desktop icon.

When opening, there will be dialog popup with drop down menu within it, select the country version required.

With this option you can achieve different English language versions of Drawing styles/ BOM document types.

Advance Steel 2018 new feature - Install multi languages

Video showing you how to install a different language version of advance steel, so you can view in German for example and see the German drawing styles and create different desktop shortcuts to open that install directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoOYc6q7yZM

hope that helps out.

I've tested all about You wrote almost a month ago... and for me it is incomprehensible broke of almost perfect working functionality!

Jerzy

Message 5 of 10
johnjmbennett
in reply to: legar

Hi, 

bit busy at momment , but took time out to quickly run though the process,  yes it seems to work for me.  you have to download the pack from the site, then run the exe,  it seems to install addtional folder of data in the system,  then useing the download manager, seelcting AS install button, select the country.   ran through and it installed a german version for me.  Test the install, so i have two icons on my desktop.

I made a very rough first run recording of this via screencast,  i expect it is uploading at present..

http://autode.sk/2oT39a6

from what i can work out they have seperated this to give standalone / verticals as they do with other ACAD prodcuts,  localised for each country with grouped dialects.

Don't dissagree or agree, just trying to figure out how best to work with it.

Good luck

JB

John Bennett
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
johnjmbennett

Hi, 

bit busy at moment, but took time out to quickly run through the process, yes it seems to work for me.  you must download the pack from the site, then run the exe, it seems to install additional folder of data in the system, then using the download manager, selecting AS install button, select the country.   ran through and it installed a German version for me.  Test the install, so i have two icons on my desktop.

I made a very rough first run recording of this via screencast, i expect it is uploading at present.

http://autode.sk/2oT39a6

from what i can work out they have separated this to give standalone / verticals as they do with other ACAD products, localised for each country with grouped dialects.

Don't disagree or agree, just trying to figure out how best to work with it.

Good luck

JB

John Bennett

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
legar
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Thanks John for Your video - but it just confirms my conclusions.

1. It is not necessary to download LP from https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/downloads/caas/downloads/content/advance-steel-... site... as there are the same (byte to byte) installation files of Autodesk Download Manager (installed during installation of AS 2018). I don't understand why there are few links to the same file!?
  2. I don't want to work in Russian, Czech, French or any other other interface... just to use DS or DP from any other country. In version 2017 it was very simple - I can work in my Language Interface and use DS and DP from other country without any inconveniences. For me it is BIG step back in Advance Steel development!
  3. All You showed in video were tested by me almost a month ago and... believe me or not I'm still working on AS 2017 (I paid for subscription of AS 2018 ) - just step backs of AS 2018 are bigger than improvements.
  4. Modelling in Advance Steel is quite good but drawing creation needs many improvements... and what we see in AS 2018 - Autodesk instead of improving drawing creation made it just more difficult in using DS and DP from other countries!

Jerzy

Message 8 of 10
legar

You can vote for bringing back Drawing Styles and Drawing Processes from different countries functionality on link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-ideas/drawing-styles-and-drawing-processes-from-differe...

I have just a little hope, that Autodesk will take it into account...

It was such simple in version 2017:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU...

Jerzy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks John,

Seems like a very convoluted way to see the other countries drawing styles (I understand you are just telling it how it is).

When I am creating drawing styles I like to try all the possible DS's available so I can pick and choose which dimensioning chains I like and don't like etc.

I'd really like to see it back to the way it was before.

I've voted up the suggestion.

Steve.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Come on Guys

Cant believe there are not more comments on this rubbish change.

I just installed the international version thinking all the styles would be available. Well that was a mistake.

Who have they got working on this ?? First year apprentice probably.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report