Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External BOM - Drawing List

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
509 Views, 2 Replies

External BOM - Drawing List

Good Morning,

For the past few days we have been trying to customize one of them external BOM templates and turn it into a drawing list. We have been trying to come up with simple list, where first column would be an assembly part no. and the second column would simply show our drawing number and possibly third column showing quantity of assemblies (we use multi-part sheets).

Our drawing number is basically built from Project number, Lot/Phase and the actual drawing number (%Flat). For better understanding please see attached picture. 

Now, the first column (assembly number) is simply specified using token: Detailed object.

The second column however is an issue. If we use token: Drawing Name we get name of the file, which also contains revision and .dwg at the end. We have also tried to built a drawing number from multiple tokens - Project number, Lots/Phase and drawing number. Unfortunately Lot/Phase token is not available and Project number cant be listed under Detail section of BOM report. We have also tried to go with User Attribute 10 - simply write in project number + lot/phase and then add to it drawing number token. Unfortunately drawing list won't show user attributes (please correct me, if i am wrong).

Please see attached pictures to get an idea. So the main issue is that we can't find the way of how to build the required number in BOM.

Is there any way how to generate a drawing list in advance steel other than DATAEXTRACTION from actual drawings? 

Last part would be the third column - the quantity of assemblies but it seems that this can't be done

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

We would be grateful for any kind of idea, advise how to approach the drawing list. 

Thank you all in advance

Ondrej Bunda

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

maybe it's easier to go another way? use a for example a material list, there you could use every token but not the detail name. But if already have transform it in the userattribute, this should be no problem. The problem is maybe the detail rev. index, but this could also be done by using a userattribute.
I think the detail list are  on of the most important issue we have in AS, it would be much easier if we could use the drawing name and Rev index in the normal list like material lists.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Sebastian,

Thank you for your reply. I understand your suggestion and this is certainly one of the ways around it. However I will wait if some else is going to pitch in with different way of doing it. We are looking for minimizing our manual input. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report