Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing style to include 3D solids in GA drawings

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1676 Views, 5 Replies

drawing style to include 3D solids in GA drawings

I realize AS software is "geared" toward detail/fabrication drawings, however we are using AS to do our engineering/design drawings. 

Often I will have to use basic 3D solids to show my geometry. Especially when working with foundations (as AS has limited concrete commands) Example: my turn down edge for a foundation is a 3D solid (attached)

I have had to create/modify the GA drawings styles to show things the way I want them to be presented. HOWEVER, I cannot get the 3D solids to show up in my GA plan or section cuts. Below is a screen shot of my foundation plan drawing style. I cannot figure out what I need to add/change to my object presentation to get 3D solids to show up. Any tips?  (attached)drawing styledrawing style3d solids3d solids

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alickomay
in reply to: Anonymous

3d solid as the thing u get from  extended modeling/modeling

i just triyd make a ga with "3d view-selected no labels" 

and i can see solids 

ther shown in 2d wire view style  but  all drawing are 

Message 3 of 6
alickomay

attached object presention  screen shot

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: alickomay

Thank you for looking into this. I can see the 3D solids in a 3D view but I am not able to see the solids represented in my cut views (Plan or Sections views)

Can you get those same objects to show up in a plan?

Message 5 of 6
alickomay

yer got it showing in plan setation all

but i had to add  "add.acis solids"

i think u can all so add all   but that probily add stuff u dont wont

Message 6 of 6
alickomay
in reply to: alickomay

there is a hierarky to theys things  if the is sum think in line 5 that turns solids off sum think in line 10 will nerver turn it on

see pic

this is wot as thiks is add acis solid

have lok in selected model objects off other lines above make shore nun could be solid  

solid is not only solid   , for  instens "all" will all so  be soild and every thing els

beam is flat,  colums, beam , tube ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report