Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Numbers

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Oliver_Dwyer
929 Views, 17 Replies

Drawing Numbers

Hi there

I have a header in my drawing prototype where I display the Drawing Number. The token/attribute I use to display that information is FILENAME. The drawing number is displayed as R400-S101-0.dwg. Is there anyway to get rid of the .dwg. I've tried using a string of tokens/attributes such as PROJECT_NUM - DRAWING_NO_PREFIX DRAWING_NO etc.... but it won't seem to let me do that.

Any help greatly appreciated

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

You could realize it with the Advance Token, but you could use the AutoCAD field command, insert the filename, only filename and then uncheck the box for "show file extension":

Screencast

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 18

Thanks so much for the response mate. I'm just a bit confused with what the Advance Token and AutoCAD Field command are and I'm having some difficulty viewing the screen cast you made.

Cheers, Thanks again

Message 4 of 18

the screencast sometimes need a few minutes to be online, but now it should be there

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 18

Thanks a lot mate. Accepted your solution. One other little add-on question which i feel would be under the same category. For plate/fitting drawings I have a line where I say "For Profile Refer:". I'd like to be able to reference the corresponding .nc1 file in the drawing so that it says for example... For Profile Refer: R400-F100-0.nc1. Is that possible?

Thanks for your time

Message 6 of 18

no this is not possible. 

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 7 of 18

OK Thanks, Good to know

I've got one other problem. I have an assembly drawing with a front and top view of the object in question. A set of Countersunk holes shows up fine in one of the views but in the other view, they do not appear. I've attached a picture of the drawing. The countersunk holes are on a plate on the left side of the assembly.

Thanks for any help!

Message 8 of 18

maybe the front view does not show countersink holes, this is a drawing style setting. What detail style do you use for it?

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 9 of 18

I went into the detail style map for the drawing process I used to create the drawing and I believe it would be a drawing style called Mainpart - Plate 1:10 CX

Message 10 of 18

if you double click on the outer green frame, you could select the detail in the list and then the "used detail Style" is shown.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 11 of 18

Yep I did as you said and double clicked on the green outer frame to show the detail style used. That's something I rarely do so thanks for that, Learn something every day. Found out it's a Mp - Beam detail style so I went to that and sure enough the Countersunk Holes were set to Presentation type: symbol and I suppose there may not be a symbol pre-loaded for Countersunk holes. Changed it to VisibleHiddenSystem and now everything is fine.

I have been doing the trial and error on a copy of the drawing that I keep creating and deleting to try things out

Now that I have updated the drawing style with the desired settings, is there a way for the drawing to reflect those changes or is it always a matter of creating a new drawing?

Thank you so much

Message 12 of 18

no there's no option to have look for changes in the detail styles which reflect on the drawing. 

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 13 of 18

That's unfortunate. Now I know to have my detail styles dialed in before creating too many drawings

Thank you so much for your time!

Message 14 of 18
Oliver_Dwyer
in reply to: Oliver_Dwyer

Hi there

I have manually assigned part numbers to two beams (not using Advance Steel built-in Numbering). As of right now they are both named S13. I want to change one of them to S12 and add a feature to it such that it will become a unique new beam but when I do, both beams  change to S12. Is there an option whereby manually assigned part numbers aren't linked to each other like this?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Cheers

Message 15 of 18
Oliver_Dwyer

Nevermind, figured it out. Ungroup identical parts command!

Message 16 of 18

Hi There

I've attached a Typical Fitting Drawing That I've Produced. In the Top Right-hand corner I have a containment list for what assemblies these Fittings are a part of. As of Now it indicates that 14 are Required for DM2 and 14 for DM4. That is the Total for the model as a whole but in fact there is really 2 Required per DM2 and DM4 and there happens to be 7 DM2's and DM4's in the model so 2x7=14. I want the containment list to indicate part quantity PER assembly instead of total quantity in all assemblies but am having trouble finding out how to do that.

Any Help is Greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 17 of 18
AleckGiles

Hi,

In the BOM template change the token in the quantity column to simply Quantity (%Quantity) rather than "Quantity in all assemblies of this type" (&Quantity * %MQuantity). You can add an extra column for quantity of assemblies using the token Assembly Quantity (%MQuantity). Just make sure you add the new cells to the right groups in the Group Manager. 

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 18 of 18
Oliver_Dwyer
in reply to: AleckGiles

Hi there

In an assembly drawing I want to be able to have my structured parts list contain the part number as well as the current revision numbers for the individual parts (in a format such as this for example: F6_1, where F6 is the part number and 1 is the revision number separated by an underscore)

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report