Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Running Dimensions?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Totec_MW
532 Views, 3 Replies

Disable Running Dimensions?

Can running dimensions be disabled on detail drawings for beams and columns? I can't find a setting for this in Management Tools. Is it somewhere in the drawing processes or drawing styles? I still find the drawing styles dialogue very overwhelming.

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
acbsdesign
in reply to: Totec_MW

I will try to sneak and earn a solution for myself :), Advance Steel Dwg styles are shown, you will have to uncheck in "User" dwg styles :

Runniing Dim 02 11 19.jpg

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 3 of 4
acbsdesign
in reply to: acbsdesign

@Totec_MW 

Sorry,

I thought you are asking about RD symbol, end of a long and rough day here.

You will have to either modify the dimension chain from Linear Ordinate to show Linear Relative, or to delete the dimension request. Below is an example of items dimensioned in Beam dwg style. For column-One side will be "Top", one side will be "Bottom", as if Beam is rotated to be plumb.

Linear Ordinate 02 11 19.jpg

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 4 of 4
Totec_MW
in reply to: acbsdesign

Thank you for the guidance.

Now I just need to work out which dimension requests are being used in my prototypes, but at least I now know what to look for. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report