Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail frames not scaling properly and going off page

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tdschmidty
302 Views, 1 Reply

Detail frames not scaling properly and going off page

I'm creating assembly drawings, and my details are extending off the page, AKA the scale is not small enough for everything to fit on the page. When I do scale the details small enough, I still have to manually reorganize the details to fit on the page. I've tried adjusting settings in the "Define Drawing Layout" tab (my "detail Arrangement" is "In lines from top to bottom"), and all the details are staying in one column. Some prototypes, the details will start in the correct location (top left corner of page), but for some prototypes the details start entirely to the right of the page. this problem seams to be happening on my customized prototypes as well as the Autodesk  default prototypes.

I've gone through all the Autodesk support pages and can't seem to find any solutions.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I had this problem too, but it is now fixed.

There is a lot of things that can cause assembly to go off screen.

1) On the prototype make sure your frame is a bloc called HYPERSTEELPAGEFRAME 

sebastienlachapelle_1-1645472361875.png

2) If all your detail is in one column it is because of your drawing style, make sure you detail are to the right

sebastienlachapelle_0-1645472334130.png

3) Make sure in you're Drawing Style have ''Automatic clipping'' checked and put a small clipping like 9.5

and make sure you do those changes on the right Drawing styles if you don't know your drawing style click on the big Green frame in your assembly and look left its suppose to be something like ''5 - Beam blablabla''.

sebastienlachapelle_8-1645473188886.png

sebastienlachapelle_6-1645473118810.png

4) Modify the paper layout, this way it is top left (11''x17'' paper)

sebastienlachapelle_2-1645472485615.png

5) Make sure your Plot Layout is setup. Put the good paper size

sebastienlachapelle_3-1645472599983.png

6) This can help, on change scale re-arrange detail

sebastienlachapelle_4-1645472793122.png

7)Make sure your Drawing process is setup with a good scale for the page format.

When I generate my assembly I click on ''All - Assembly 11x17'' (created by me) check yours and make sure it is some good scale

sebastienlachapelle_5-1645472900863.png

For your information, Make sure you do not manually add some detail on your automatically generated assembly drawing, if you do so make sure it does not overlap your assembly's big green frame. because on update the detail will shrink.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report