Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved beam in 3d space (x,y,z)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tonilipovac
749 Views, 7 Replies

Curved beam in 3d space (x,y,z)

Hello,

Is there a possibility of modeling a beam that is curved in space (around its axial axis and in the x and y directions) of course with the possibility of setting all parameters.

(see attachemnt)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ArjunGaba
in reply to: tonilipovac

@tonilipovac  Their is 2 options of doing this 

1. You have to draw two different curve beam in x & y than merge it.

2. You need to draw a curve poly line as you want in  3d model than create beam from polybeam and selecting line will works....

Message 3 of 8
tonilipovac
in reply to: ArjunGaba

....I do not understand,. you mean that I have to rotate the profile every, eg 0.2 m to meet the required shape or there is a possibility to create the required shape via a polyline. Because when I create the required shape from polyline, it is impossible to create a profile from it.

Message 4 of 8
ArjunGaba
in reply to: tonilipovac

@tonilipovac  I mean creat curved beam as you do but do in two parts one in from top view and one from front view please keep in mind system line should be align . Yes you can create any shape using polyline just click beam from polyline if you are crating a curve line mean spline please create spline into polyline by than select poly line 

Message 5 of 8

as @ArjunGaba wrote: you could merge two curves to create one polyline or you're able to create a polyline with the settings you want. 
If you have a polyline you could use the command: beam on polyline:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1609164717287.png

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your help..but here is an example of what I want.
Attached are polylines in As format dwg.., for example, precisely defined points from which I want to make a steel profile.

Message 7 of 8

you attach dwg with spline--> this is not a polyline.

1. select the spline, right mouse button--> spline menu: convert to polyline:
    Sebastian_Eiche_0-1609170856744.png

2. use the polybeam command + select the polyline:
    Sebastian_Eiche_1-1609170951307.png

3. select the profile you want:
    Sebastian_Eiche_2-1609171000755.png

The result in my pic is because your spline was a bit to small, but this is the way you had to go.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 8 of 8

Thanks Sebastian you are the master. 😀

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report