Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Advance Steel with API

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Benjamin.Ainsworth
183 Views, 1 Reply

Controlling Advance Steel with API

Good day all.

I have created a program that creates a numerical model based on some inputs in Visual studio with C#.  From this numerical model and Autodesk Inventor API I was able to connect to the Inventor window, add parts to assemblies, update part parameters/features.  Basically do anything that could be done manually in Inventor, just with code.  This really helps speed up the process.
I am now looking at Advance Steel.  Is it possible to do the same thing in AS. Place lines, assign beam profiles, select joints.  I have seen a lot of information on creating addins for advance steel with visual studio but this is not exactly what I am busy working on as the addin is still run from inside AS whereas I wish to run AS commands from a GUI in visual studio.  If it is possible, could you please supply a link to a tutorial or website for this type of work.

Kind regards.

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Plenty of API tools available for the modelling side of things in AdS. Unfortunately less API tools available to control the drawing output, although there is a mountain of system variables and configuration that can be tweaked.

If you are doing work with Inventor I'd be keen to see if you could do some magic with my IFC exports from Advance Steel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report